Originally built in 1874, Chepstow House was completed in 1874 by Speakman Son & Hickson. This was once the property of Samuel Mendel the so-called “Merchant Prince” of Manchester. Samuel Mendel was a hugely wealthy man and the carving of a ship’s prow above the door of Chepstow House was an indication of his enthusiasm for trade.
The Grade II listed building was converted to 77 apartments in 1991 by Beezer Homes. The development is set over five floors with 17 different types of apartments consisting of studios, one and two bedroom apartments. The communal areas are very grand and impressive and the apartments have high ceilings, large windows and parking spaces.
Chepstow House is located next to the Bridgewater Hall and the Peveril of the Peak pub which dates back to the early 19th century. Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink is just a few minutes walk away too.