Need Help with your property?
Need Help with your property?

We would love to send you details of new properties and products that may be of interest to you
Please doI'd Rather Not

My rent FAQ’s

Your tenancy can be ended in one of the following ways
  • You break any conditions of the tenancy agreement.
  • You abandon the property (there can be repercussions in this instance).
  • There are legal grounds for possession under the Housing Act 1985, the Housing Act 1996 or any other laws.
  • We are granted a county court order to evict you.
  • Your landlord may end your tenancy giving you a minimum of 2 months’ notice, in line with your rent due date.
Examples of when we may try to evict you
  • You have broken one or more of the tenancy conditions.
  • If you failed to pay the rent (we will always try to resolve any issue first).
  • If you or anyone living in the property causes a serious nuisance.
  • If you or anyone living with you has been convicted of using your home for illegal purposes.
  • You seriously neglect or damage the property or shared area.
  • You got your tenancy because you deliberately gave us false information.
If you want to give notice and move out as per your tenancy agreement

8 weeks before you are due to vacate, your property manager will send you via post or email a letter to confirm if you wish to end your tenancy or renewal your tenancy agreement.  If you wish to end your tenancy agreement you must provide us with one clear calendar month written notice.

Can I leave my tenancy early?

You’re responsible for paying rent for your entire fixed-term tenancy. You can move out early without paying rent for the full tenancy if:

  • Your landlord agrees to end the tenancy early (But you may be charged a fee to include any losses incurred by the landlord).
  • Property has been sold.
When is my rent due?
  • As per your rental schedule given to you at the start of your tenancy.
  • If in doubt call your property manager.
  • Charges are set out below

Late payment £18.00 Per telephone call  £12.00 Per letter or email  £18.00 Per personal visit £20.00 Prices Inc VAT


How to pay my rent
  • Via Standing Order this is set up on the day you move in
  • Other payment methods will incur a £10 administration fee.
What should I do if i am in rent arrears?
  • Where possible make a one-off payment to clear the arrears in full.
  • If you are having difficulties in making the full payment, please get in touch and a payment plan could be set up.
  • Both parties will agree a repayment plan to clear the arrears within a reasonable time scale.
  • Remember we are here to help so please contact our property management department if you are experiencing difficulties.
  • Always communicate with your Property Manager at all times.
What happens if I cannot pay my rent arrears?
  • You must contact us to allow us to help you with any difficulties you may be having
  • If you do not work with us to reduce the arrears your landlord may choose to serve a “Notice Seeking Possession”. This is the first stage of legal proceedings, which may result in you being evicted from your home.
  • If you continually fail to keep to a payment plan to clear the arrears you may end up being evicted from your home.
  • If it does become necessary to refer your case to court, you will be responsible for paying all court costs. These are currently several hundred pounds.
Can I withhold my rent due to disrepair?
  • You do not have the right to withhold payment due to disrepair.
  • If you feel you need to make a complaint about a member of the Julie Twist team, product or service then you need to follow our complaints procedures.

Related information

Your Guide to Renting in Manchester City Centre
Common Tenancy Problems
I am moving out of my property
Maintenance problems
Ending a tenancy
My rent FAQ’s
Tenancy Advice and Services
A Guide to Cleanliness For Tenants
Tenants Information And Fees